- Officiating Director Dean Blandino resigns.
- Changes in the NCAA with an early signing day and the 10th official assistant coach. Shawn Eichorst had quite a bit to do with the new changes.
- Looking ahead at the Nebraska Spring Game tomorrow.
- Drunk Takes.
Archives for April 14, 2017
- What can be learned from watching the Spring Game?
- Is recruiting really the most important aspect of this weekend?
- Husker baseball gearing up for another conference series at home.
- The early signing period looks to be a reality in college football. Is this good for Nebraska?
- Sean Callahan, HuskerOnline
- Four Downs with Alli, brought to you by Barney Insurance
Are there any great stories to follow? How does LeBron James recover from not being the 1-seed?
Do the Warriors survive the Western Conference or do the Spurs/Jazz/someone else knock them off?
Son of former Oklahoma QB commits to rival Texas…can you imagine if that happened at Nebraska? / Shut Up Sipple
Casey Thompson (son of former OU QB Charles Thompson) had Oklahoma’s hat on his table, but chose Texas over Oklahoma
Would that ever fly at Nebraska? Just can’t imagine the amount of hate the kid would get whose dad played at university and then he chose to go to rival school, while still having dad’s alma mater on table
How different will Nebraska’s offense and defense look in the fall compared to Saturday’s Spring Game?
Lots of new faces coming in that haven’t made it to campus yet: Tyjon Lindsay the big one—and some young players coming off injuries (Jaevon McQuitty mainly)
Bob Diaco says it will be vanilla and Danny Langsdorf didn’t seem intent on showing everything on Saturday…do you believe the team can look a lot different from the Spring Game to the actual season?
And can some players who are ‘pushing’ for starting jobs actually attain those jobs?
Is Nebraska a blue blood?
Also, FURLEY FREAKOUT
The list puts Riley in the ‘Barry Alvarez Tier: Success at the Power 5 Level’
Riley is listed among the likes of Paul Chryst, Chris Petersen, Jim Harbaugh, Mike Gundy, Mark Dantonio, David Shaw and more….do you believe he is in that tier or is that being too nice?
Also, do you think Nebraska will try to run the ball a decent amount in the scrimmage to get fans to believe that they will be capable of doing so in the fall? All it’s been so far is reports of a mediocre rushing attack and a heavy passing attack, albeit sometimes in short passes and checkdowns
QB position still likely announced in days following Spring Game, per Langsdorf